Friday, June 20, 2008

WTH Doesn't SHE "Just get over it"?

I haven't talked to my birth/first/bio mom in over a year. However, when we did talk, there was a reccuring theme coming from her, that I should "just get over it". So, today I'm going to stand up for myself (on the anon blog lol) and ask "Why the hell doesn't SHE just get over it"? Why doesn't she get over her selfishness and insecurities? She has told me ad nauseum that she was perfectly fine with what she did, but her actions don't support that. When you are secure in something, you don't feel the need to repeat yourself over and over. Emotionally, she can't handle seeing or talking to me. Why doesn't she get over the fact that her friends aren't going to ditch her because she had a baby that she gave up when she was 17? They aren't going to desert her for that, but they might of course, ditch her for the way she treats me now. In fact, I know of one that got super pissed with her. The things that I'm supposed to "get over" are things that can't be gotten over unless someone waived a magic wand and my life history were instantly changed. I can not just pretend that I fell out of some other woman's crotch. Would I have rather come from some other woman? Sure. Maybe that funny lady Joy Behar or maybe even some random woman down the road who would at least appreciate me. However, I look exactly like her, so it's like DUH! So anyway, today I'm standing up and shouting, "HEY KIM, WHY DON'T YOU GET THE FUCK OVER IT?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm yes I know what you mean.
My Mother refuses contact with me. We had contact. But I guess I wasnt up to her expectations..she didnt like how I pushed her to tell my sister about me (after oh 2 plus years)
She changed her phone number..Now the whole family know including my grandmother and she STILL doesnt want anything to do with me..

But hey I get that - not many people do :(

Too Needy
Too Controlling
Too Loud
Too Confronting

Gee I wonder why !

Adoption sucks