Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

It's been eight years, but I remember it well... It was Valentine's day morning and as I was getting ready for work, I decided to quickly check my email. I was happy to find that there was one from you. The email was quick and simple, but when I read it, I was over the moon! I was so happy! This is how it felt I told myself, to not have to go another holiday without knowing who you were, without knowing where you were. I no longer had to wonder, because you were right there. You wished me a happy Valentine's day and I wished you one back. That email meant more to me, than if someone had given me a million dollars!

I still know who you are and I know where you are, but I wish I knew more. I wish I could have sent you something for today. It's hard to do though, when I have no idea what you would want and don't know what kind of things you like. At Christmas, I wanted to send you a fleece blanket I had made, but I didn't know if you'd like it. Maybe you would have thought it to be tacky or cheap. I don't know. I think about things like this every single holiday. Not one goes by, that I don't wish I could send you a gift.

Best wishes,
Jen

No comments: